Customer Information & Consent Form
Please declare any medical / physical or mental conditions, illnesses or allergies from which any individual suffers. Please include relevant medication / treatment regime.
Also state specific concerns in any ability to cope with heights, exposure to cold, sun or water.
Outdoor activities are physical and demanding sports, with inherent risks and hazards associated with them. Whilst we take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of all participants, unfortunately accidents can occur. Participants should consider risks and be aware of hazards. It is imperative that staff instructions are followed.
We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or injury resulting from anyone who chooses not to follow the instructions and safety briefings provided. It is understood and agreed that clients participate at their own risk.
If you are providing information for under 18’s then the following applies: I give consent for my son / daughter / ward to participate on the above activities I agree that my son / daughter / ward will be bound by the rules and booking conditions of Highland Outdoor Adventures. I have read, understood and agree with the booking terms and conditions. I agree to my son/daughter/ward receiving emergency medical treatment by first aiders, and if required, by medical authorities.
THIS INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE
Data Protection Statement
Highland Outdoor Adventures take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which you have provided it and to ensure our legal and professional obligations to provide safe outdoor adventure experiences. We will never share your information with third parties.
Hard copies of this information is required by staff to ensure safe practice is maintained at all times. This information will be destroyed within 30 days of any visit.
I have read, understood and agree with the booking terms and conditions (see bottom of the page).
Booking Terms & Conditions
These are designed to ensure safety, clarity and fairness to all parties and to ensure your experience from initial enquiry till your return home after your activity is the very best we can provide.
1.Booking & Payments System – Please book and pay online or via BAC’s. We reserve the right to refuse a booking, or to make changes to it, up until the point of your activity. If either of these occur, we will notify you, and if you are not satisfied all monies paid will be returned. The price of your course can be varied due to government action, such as changes in VAT or any other government-imposed changes/ currency changes.
2. Cancellation / Changes by you
Should for any reason you change the details of your booking after we have confirmed, this may involve a refund of the difference, or additional monies owed due to increase of booking. Should you wish to cancel the event or make a significant change which greatly reduces the package you have booked (e.g. cancel group places or specific elements of your package) you will receive a refund minus a £10.00 administrative fee within 14 days.
3. Cancellation / Changes by us
a) Should we make changes or cancellation due to Highland Outdoor Adventure’s inability to provide resources or staff, or when cancellation by others on your course makes continuation unviable or impractical, we will inform you as soon as possible with suggested alternatives. Should these not be satisfactory or suitable for you, we will refund all monies within 14 days.
b) We will always strive to provide you with the activity/venue/itinerary stated on your booking form / confirmation; however, the very nature of the outdoor environment means that the weather and other unforeseen circumstances can affect what we are able to offer. Examples of possible hindrance may be no water/snow, too much water /snow, wind, landslides, road /river blockage etc. Any changes we are forced to make due to these or similar circumstances will be based on ensuring your safety and providing you with a quality outdoor experience. We will inform you as soon as we have made an assessment that such a change is necessary, so that we can arrange alternative activities/venues /itineraries for your day/event/course that will be suitable for the whole group. Full refunds will be provided if the activity alterations do not suit you.
c) Clients meeting us at venues. In the event of a venue change, you will need to arrange to meet us at the alternative venue at your cost.
d) If Force Majeure means we are unable to fulfil our contract with you, you will not be due compensation or a refund. This relates to extremely unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control which generally affect us all. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, extreme weather conditions which make normal operations impossible to continue or dangerous. Events like these should be covered by your insurance or deemed to be an acceptable loss under the circumstances.
4. Insurance – Although we have full public liability insurance, you should arrange adequate personal insurance cover for activities, holidays and courses. You should note that many travel insurance policies exclude cover for certain sporting activities, so you should carefully check the terms of any insurance policy to ensure that it meets your requirements.
5. Liability – By their very nature, outdoor activities can be physically and psychologically challenging. They have inherent risks and hazards associated with them. Highland Outdoor Adventures apply necessary measures to ensure the safety of participants; however, accidents can occur. Participants should consider these risks and be aware of hazards. It is imperative that clients always adhere to Highland Outdoor Adventures staff instructions. We will not accept responsibility for loss or injury resulting from a person’s failure to adhere to safety briefings and training provided or failure to disclose information requested.
6. Health and Safety – It is your responsibility when booking to ensure that you and members of your group are fit enough to cope with the activity and the environment associated with your booking. Clients must inform us prior to the event of any medical condition/ illness / disability (including medication which may affect their performance) so we can discuss your needs and make appropriate arrangements. All clients should inform their instructor immediately if they feel unwell during the activity. Clients must adhere to the instructions, guidance and decisions of our instructors who have specialist knowledge and skills and are committed to keeping you safe. Alcohol or illicit drug use are not permitted prior to or during activities. Clients must show respect to equipment / vehicles / buildings / other clients / neighbours / staff . Abuse or causing distress to others or loss/damage due to negligence will result in repair / full replacement costs. This may also lead to exclusion from activities / courses without refund.
7. No Smoking Policy – We have a no smoking policy in all company vehicles. This is supported by law: The Smoking, Health and Social Care (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Prohibition of Smoking in Certain Premises (Scotland) Regulations 2006. We also prohibit smoking whilst actively engaged in our activities as a health and safety issue. We also request that if you smoke during a break, you do so away from our equipment and with due consideration for others.
8. Booking Forms, Medical Declaration, Group Details & Parental Consent Forms – The booker must ensure that all participants (and for those under 18 years of age that parents and guardians) have received copies of booking conditions and all activity information and safety points prior to the event. Medical Declaration, Group Details and Parent Consent Forms must be completed and returned at least 24 hours before the start of the chosen activity. Failure to complete and return these forms on time may result in participants being excluded from the activity without refund. If any details change after the forms have been submitted, the instructor should be informed as soon as possible and before the activity begins.
9. Visitors of clients – Please note that only paying clients have access to our facilities / transport. Refusal will not necessarily be denied if permission is sought. Pets are generally excluded on the grounds of the comfort, health and safety of others.
10. Service and feedback – We want you to enjoy your experience in the outdoors to its fullest. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Highland Outdoor Adventures, please inform us as soon as possible and we will take appropriate action.
11. Photographs, Marketing & Social Media – Photographs and videos may be taken by staff during your activity for marketing purposes. A selection of these will be uploaded to our social media sites for you to review and may be used for other marketing purposes and publications. It is our policy to retain the anonymity of our clients, we therefore never identify any group or person by their name or location … however, if you do not wish us to use photographs or videos, please indicate this on the booking form.
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Head Office; Glenavon Cottage, Main Street, Newtonmore, Highlands, Scotland, PH201DR
www.weehops.com 0333 252 8013